Dining out is such an integral part of a vacation, and thankfully there is such a lovely selection of restaurants in Okoboji to choose from during your stay. From elegant white-tablecloth fine dining establishments to casual, laid-back eateries, one thing’s for sure, you’ll eat well on a trip to the beautiful Iowa Great Lakes region. This area is known for its fresh seafood and hearty midwest fare with creative culinary twists—as well as fun craft cocktails, locally brewed beer, and curated wine lists.
Before you start making dinner reservations at the fantastic restaurants in Okoboji, you’ll want to get your lodging on the books. Thankfully, our Iowa Bed and Breakfast is in the ideal location between East and West Lake Okoboji for the best adventures in the area. You’ll wake refreshed in one of our 11 elegant guest rooms, start your day with a beautiful homemade breakfast in our airy dining room, and then be ready to set out and explore all the Iowa Great Lakes region has to offer.
The Best Restaurants in Okoboji for Vacation Dining
The Iowa Great Lakes region is home to some of the best restaurants in Okoboji; there’s no shortage of options! From steak dinners and fancy seafood feasts to amazing burgers and creative pizza, you’ll find it all nearby.
Here are the ten best restaurants in Okoboji:
- The Waterfront: For spectacular lakeside dining, you’ll find gourmet steak dinners with your choice of two hearty sides. But for a special meal, try one of their savory crepes topped with ingredients like lump crab meat and sauteed wild mushrooms.
- Prime Boji: Located in Arnolds Park on the west side of Lake Okoboji, take in the stunning views over classic cocktails, aged beef, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list—definitely one of the most romantic restaurants in Okoboji.
- Kazarelli’s Restaurant: If you’re looking for a selection of Italian favorites with a modern twist, this eatery on Miller’s Bay offers an extensive menu for a memorable feast.
- Round Lake Vineyards: Wine tasting in Iowa is such a fun activity, especially when you pair it with a meal at The Bistro at Round Lake Vineyards. They offer delicate wood-fired pizzas, fresh salads, and sharable appetizers that are ideal with a glass of their dry or semi-sweet wines.
- The Ritz: For more than 30 years, this lakeside bar and grill have created a fun space for locals and tourists alike to relax. Be sure to order their famed “Lue Burger,” often included on best burger lists across the state.
- The Okoboji Barn: Known as one of the most romantic wedding venues in the area, this 1919 barn is also a bar and grill with tasty meaty mains and happy hour specials. You might pick up a few line-dancing moves while you’re there!
- Nautical Bar & Grill: This is one of the restaurants in Okoboji geared toward casual eats, draft beers, and hanging with friends. The lively atmosphere is ideal for catching a football game and a leisurely afternoon over drinks.
- Portside Pizza Pub: Just next door to the Nautical Bar, you’ll find delicious flatbread sandwiches and thick-crust pizzas with creative toppings and lots of melty cheese.
- Snappers Turtle Bay Cafe: Part of the Marina District, this location on the lake is all about casual eats with an island vibe. Enjoy fresh sushi rolls, fish and chips, and their famous “frosty” frozen cocktails.
- Toast On Hill: One of our favorite casual restaurants in Okoboji for lunch, this diner on Spirit Lake serves up tasty Ruebans, BLTs, and classic patty melts.
Double-check websites or even ask your innkeepers about seasonal hours for these restaurants in Okoboji.
Join us for the Best Breakfast in Okoboji at our Inn
Breakfast is more than just a meal at our Iowa Bed and Breakfast; it’s often referred to as the “best time of day!” Everything is homemade, including Bridget’s award-winning crunchy granola and the flaky crust on our savory quiches. These family recipes have been passed down for generations and are always showstoppers! From sweet options like banana walnut french toast and savory egg dishes, our scratch-made breakfast is the ultimate treat during your stay. Pair that with our proprietary blend of coffee from Beans Coffee Company, and you may not want to leave your cozy table in our sunny dining room.